At this moment, Golf La Roca is the most popular golf club in Barcelona, and one of the favorite visits by the thousands of tourists who pass through our city and wish to escape at some point to play golf. But there are other options as well. We present them to you!
The 5 most historic golf clubs in Barcelona
In the province of Barcelona, you can find several centennial golf clubs. All of them, social clubs that several decades ago started paving the way for the development of golf in Barcelona.
- Real Club de Golf El Prat. The most exclusive social golf club in Barcelona. Club with more than 100 years of history and that has 45 holes designed by Greg Norman, who managed to harmoniously integrate the different courses with local nature.
- Golf Sant Cugat. The vineyards of Can Mora, an old farmhouse of the fourteenth century, are the origin of the grounds of this centennial social and family club. It has 18 holes located in the heart of the city of Sant Cugat del Vallès.
- Club de Golf Llavaneras. Founded in 1945, it is another of the first social golf clubs born in Barcelona, and one of the 3 that has views of the sea. Demanding 18-hole course with narrow streets.
- Club de Golf Terramar. Social club founded in 1927 and located in the city of Sitges, on the seafront. It has 18 newly remodeled holes that have hosted major tournaments such as the “Estrella Damm Mediterranean Ladies”.
- Club de Golf Vallromanes. Here you can breathe the tradition and the authentic atmosphere typical of the old golf clubs. Social club that has an 18-hole course built in 1972 and a clubhouse located inside the Tabernera Tower, an imposing stately mansion.
Other golf clubs founded later
Dozens of years later, 3 more clubs of different nature and with new alternative proposals would be born.
- Club de Golf de Barcelona. Social club located in Sant Esteve Sesrovires. Its “Masia” 18-hole competition course is very demanding; on the other hand, the “Sant Esteve” course with 9 holes and par 31 is flatter and more relaxed.
- Golf Montanyà. Golf course that offers 18 very complete holes that merge with the wonderful environment of the Montseny Natural Park. The Masia l’Estanyol and its interior, a genuine representation of Catalan architecture, is also an important landmark.
- Golf Sant Vicenç de Montalt. It defines itself as a club “for all kinds of golf enthusiasts and all kinds of levels”. It has a course of 18 holes with multiple slopes and partial views of the sea.
Golf La Roca, the most popular golf club in Barcelona
After a complicated period in which the old Vilalba Golf was caught in the middle of the past crisis, in 2012 a group of private investors decided to invest on it with the aim of making it a benchmark for golf in Barcelona. Thus, the club resurfaced under the new brand Golf La Roca.
After several years of continuous investment, Golf La Roca has already become one of the best golf courses in Barcelona to enjoy golf, and one of the most innovative and pioneering golf clubs in Spain. If you love golf, you have to visit Golf La Roca.
We offer 18 holes which are very entertaining, a unique practice area with Toptracer Range technology, the first Golf Academy by José Manuel Lara, and exquisite cuisine. All this very close to Barcelona and with the maximum comforts.
3 additional options with 9 holes each
In the province of Barcelona there are also other more affordable proposals that include 9 holes only. These are the following:
- Golf de Caldes. It has an easy-to-play, 9-hole golf course located in a land of 80 hectares in the middle of a beautiful natural environment in the Vallès Oriental. According to the slopes table provided by the club, the slope is 126 in the case of yellow bars, and of 124 in the case of red bars.
- Can Cuyàs Club. It is a sports center located in Sant Feliu de Llobregat. Among its facilities you can find a 9-hole par 3 course of average distance around 120 meters. Its golf course has artificial lighting, which allows the player to play at night.
- Campo de Golf Municipal de Matadepera. It offers a 9-hole short course located by the Natural Park of Sant Llorenç del Munt i l’Obac. The course, located inside a rustic farm, is hilly and technical.